Graftech Manual Operation
The Graftech manual tool was initially designed to replace the need for purchase of 2 tools (the Topgrafter and the Benchmount attachment). While these tools were effective for the nurseries that moved from bench grafting to field grafting and vice versa. These tools were not designed for large nurseries performing numerous grafts per year and were not user friendly when bench mounted.
The Graftech manual was initially designed to replace these tools. Since then
The foot pedal has been created to withstand years of heavy industrial use. The manual tool is very fast to set up and easy to use. Nurseries performing cuts on heavier stock such as Macadamia Nut have adopted the Graftech manual.
A number of smaller nurseries, vineyards and orchards are using this tool due to the low cost and ease of use.
Installation Instructions for Fieldcraft Graftech Manual Controlled Grafting Tool.
- Measure 80mm from the edge of the from of desired grafting table and mark a slot of 50mm x 50mm to allow for the centre linkage to travel through.
- Place base plate on bench above marked centre slot and mark the centre for the 2 holes at the rear of the base plate.
- Drill two 10mm holes to secure the base plate to the H section through bench and cut out 50mm x 50mm hole for linkage travel.
- Align base plate again and secure through bench to bottom mount frame H section.
- Attach centre linkage to the knife carrier and place knife carrier onto shaft of base plate.
- Adjust length of the foot pedal to the preferred height and attach to the H section.
- Attach bottom part of centre linkage to the top of the pedal.
- Ensure the knife carrier travels down enough to complete a cut then tighten the 2 locking nuts on the centre linkage.
- The Graftech is now operational and the can now be controlled by pressing the foot pedal.